So maybe January didn't go as well as you planned for your fitness resolutions...we've all been there! But as Pro Athlete and Master Trainer, Laura Mak, would say: Why wait til Monday when you can start "Living Fit Now!"
We were so excited to chat with Laura Mak who is definitely a Jill of all trades. She's a wife, a mom to two adorable boys, fitness expert, content creator, dancer, yogi, and lifestyle entrepreneur.
Her story and brand, Mak Attack Fitlife, has certainly evolved over the years, but her mission has stayed constant:
“To inspire JOY by EMPOWERING women with a mindset shift on their FITNESS journey. It has been my mission to help women to embrace adventure and live a WISELY FIERCE life.”
What's not to love about that? She's the real deal!
Here are 10 Facts about Laura Mak!
1. She has worked with clients for over 25 years, helping them improve their lives through fitness and gain the confidence to dream big + seek the fun adventures life has to offer. Her job has her wearing many hats, as a one on one coaching, retreat director, content creator/writer, and guest speaker. Laura is also a Master Lifestyle Fitness Coach and IntelliRoll Master Trainer - the first one to be honored and recognized 2019!
2. Laura was an NCAA Big 10 scholarship gymnast and during the summers taught gymnastics and dance at the cheerleading & gymnastics.
3. Her first personal training client was in 1992 and has LOVED working with clients ever since.
4. She has thriving fitness businesses in East Lansing, Atlanta, Los Angeles, and now Seattle.
5. Laura started competing in fitness competitions so she could eventually do guest performances all over the world. She has always had a love of travel and fitness so why not put them together? Ranked top 10 Internationally in the IFBB Fitness Pro division.
6. She has a Graduate Assistantship and earned her Masters Degree in Exercise Science from Michigan State University.
7. Secret Wish? To be an amazing surfer.
8. Favorite food is sashimi and least favorite is onions.
9. Taught her first international yoga retreat in Mexico this past fall and is looking forward to hosting more this year.
10. Laura was in the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta!